Thursday, September 17, 2009

Last Night's Dinner



I made Cavatini (Mom's recipe) with Italian sausage and bowtie noodles. Added some veggies for extra nutrition: red peppers, carrots, celery, and onion. Of course I overcooked it in this damned too-fast oven...still pretty yummy though. Served with salad, garlic bread, and a crappy Chianti. Voila!

Dessert was a recipe for lemon bars off the label on a can of store-brand condensed milk. I substituted fresh lime juice for lemon since I had a bunch of limes turning brown in the fridge. They were good, but a little custard-y for my taste (I was hoping for lemon-bar consistency, but the condensed milk made them a lot creamier/richer than that). Not too bad though, just don't eat three in one sitting, haha.

1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic. Do you need a part-time night job in Arkansas? We could hire you...

    ReplyDelete