Friday, October 16, 2009

Sweet Gift...literally.

Yesterday was our fourth wedding anniversary.  We're mere days away from a move to KC, so our budget is tight, however, my loving husband managed to come up with an inexpensive, yet completely perfect gift for me.  (Aren't those the best kind?)


Inspired by my cookbook post a while back, he found a dessert cookbook that's right up my alley, titled "Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey".  Also known as yes, yes, yes, and yes, as far as desserts are concerned.  I can't wait to try a bunch of recipes in here, especially the one on the cover (Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake Pots with Shortbread Spoons...holy moly, have I died and gone to heaven?  By the way, I presume that heaven is mostly likely made entirely of chocolate.) as well as the one for homemade marshmallows.  Yum.  Swoon.  I shall commence with the testing of recipes as soon as we've finished our move and I have a fully set up, functioning kitchen again.  Anthony suggested I make every dessert in order from cover to cover, a la "Julie and Julia", however, I politely declined that approach (while it would be fun and delicious, the resulting weight gain in my ass would not be).  Slow and steady wins the race, young paduan.  I shall report back with pictures and results of the first recipe I test, from our new place in KC!

2 comments:

  1. oh yeah ... desserts are comin' to kc ... if you need an impartial taster, you know you can count on me. i'm up to the task. i have impecable taste in shortbread spoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, there is a selfish aspect to this gift--as I'll reap the rewards of your dessert experimentation.

    ReplyDelete