Saturday, October 1, 2011

Coffee Cake Sugar-splosion

Holy sweetness.  Finally tried a recipe for one-dish coffee cake last weekend that I've had stashed away for years...it's a yeast cake (and you all know my struggles with the yeasty arts), but super simple (mama likey).
It turned out just fine...just way, way too sweet (and you all know that means it's a buttload of sugar, considering my epic sweet tooth...it was so sweet you couldn't even taste the cake-y part.  Sad.).  If I make it again I would cut the amount of cinnamon-brown sugar topping and powdered-sugar icing down by half and add nuts for some crunch.
That's a whole lot of sugar right there folks.
Finished product = diabetic coma!

1 comment:

  1. yea! the blog is back! no worries ... i know you'll beat the yeast!

    ReplyDelete